Re: Romanized Cyrillic bibliographic data--viable fonts?

From: Philipp Reichmuth (uzsv2k@uni-bonn.de)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 14:10:04 EDT

Hi John,

>> ... which, unfortunately, could probably use better distribution than
>> the present scheme. It's an excellent font, apart from a few issues
>> with hinting and the like, but it's impossible to find unless you know
>> where you have to look for it.

JC> Googling for "Everson Mono" found it on the second hit. Admittedly
JC> you have to know its name.

But there you don't get a recent easily installable Unicode version,
except for one for MacOS X Server. The version for download there has
discouraging remarks such as "Yet means as of 1996-06-02". For the
average Windows user, the versions for download there is not very
helpful, unfortunately. I know quite a number of people who have
suddenly become Kermit 95 2.0 users for exactly this reason.

  Philipp mailto:uzsv2k@uni-bonn.de
Login incorrect / Only perfect spellers may / enter this system