Re: Everson Mono

From: Philipp Reichmuth (uzsv2k@uni-bonn.de)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 17:30:25 EDT

>>But there you don't get a recent easily installable Unicode version,
>>except for one for MacOS X Server.

ME> Well you could complain to me. :-)

I dimly recall asking you about a year ago whether you could integrate
all the separate fonts into a big TTF when it wasn't possible for some
software reason. If you insist, I can try and look up the mail :-)

ME> I do not know whether my fonts will work on Windows,

The version that ships with Kermit 95 2.0 not only works on Windows,
it also is a godsend, except for some hinting problems, especially
with the "i" dot. There's quite a lot of software that requires
fixed-width fonts for some purposes, and it's quite hard to get
Unicode fixed-width fonts, let alone good ones.

I'm still trying to find a way to convert GNU Unifont (a *big* BDF
birmap font) to some format digestible by Windows for such purposes,
but so far I haven't had any success whatsoever.

  Philipp mailto:uzsv2k@uni-bonn.de
Serious error / All data has disappeared / Screen. Mind. Both are blank