Unifont Re: Everson Mono

From: starner@okstate.edu
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 19:47:46 EDT

>I'm still trying to find a way to convert GNU Unifont (a *big* BDF
>birmap font) to some format digestible by Windows for such purposes,
>but so far I haven't had any success whatsoever.

Actually, it's in own format which can be converted to BDF.

Someone converted an older version to ttf: See http://software.freshmeat.net/projects/lhudesing/?topic_id=850

The people working on XFree86 have plans to convert the BDF's and
PCF's that come with X to TTF fonts with one blank scalable glyph
and the actual data stored in a bitmap data in the font. (It's actually
a better format for the problem in many ways. Go figure.) I don't
know if Microsoft Windows will like such a font, though.