Re: Summary of Unicode/language features in Mac OS X 10.2 "Jaguar"

From: J M Craig (jmcraig@xmission.com)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 14:35:45 EDT

Sorry for the off-topic comment, but Deborah Goldsmith's comment about the value of info in an e-mail seems to me to have an obvious answer:

On Tuesday, August 27, 2002, at 04:01 PM, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> Thank you very much for this. This kind of succinct no-nonsense
> summary is worth its weight in gold. (Collecting the same information
> through the normal sources might easily consume weeks.)

Hmmm. Since it was sent electronically, I'm not quite sure what its
weight in gold would be. :-)
8 bits per byte, don't you think, Deborah? ;-)

(For non-US readers: "8 bits" refers to the early practice of splitting up Spanish dollars (generally, I understand, with an axe) to create 8 informal, but widely accepted, smaller denomination coins. The term "2-bits" is still sometimes heard (meaning 25 cents).

John Craig
Alpha-G Consulting, LLC