Re: Teclado

From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 20:51:53 EDT

On 2002.08.22, 23:37, Carl W. Brown <cbrown@xnetinc.com> wrote:

> The old DOS Brazilian keyboard was one of the best kept secrets. It
> would work for a lot of different languages not just Portuguese. For
> example he mentions using the "~" with a vowel.

The current 102-key portuguese Windows keyboard still does it. It has
allows also any vowel+diaeresis and vowel+grave, though modern (post
1945) portuguese orthography uses, among those, only "à" (U+00E0) and
(seldom) "ü" (U+00FC). (IIRC, the portuguese Mac keyboard does this
also.)

This OT because I'm cramming all possible Unicode characters in my
keyboard using Keyman, and I had to remap the whole thing onto a US
keyboard layout, as Keyman went funny about the dead keys in the
portuguese keyboard. (More later, perhaps.)

-- ____.
António MARTINS-Tuválkin | ()|
<antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
R. Laureano de Oliveira, 64 r/c esq. |
PT-1885-050 MOSCAVIDE (LRS) Não me invejo de quem tem |
+351 917 511 549 carros, parelhas e montes |
http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/ só me invejo de quem bebe |
http://pagina.de/bandeiras/ a água em todas as fontes |