Re: Keys. (derives from Re: Sequences of combining characters.)

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 11:01:58 EDT

    William Overington <WOverington at ngo dot globalnet dot co dot uk>
    wrote:

    > Also, I have noticed that in the document U02D0.pdf

    (actually U20D0.pdf)

    > that U+20E4 is
    > shown, in the listing, in magenta whereas U+20DF is shown in black.
    > Could someone say what significance the magenta colouring in the
    > document has please? Is it perhaps to indicate additions since the
    > previous issue of the document?

    Since the previous release of Unicode. The magenta characters are those
    added in Unicode 3.2. They were marked specially in the draft copies of
    the code charts to indicate the changes (and probably to highlight the
    fact that the assignments were still tentative), and left that way after
    3.2 went live. Whether this was intentional or not, I don't know.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California