Permission to reproduce?

From: Martin Kochanski (unicode@cardbox.net)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 10:09:01 EDT

    I want to post a Cardbox database on our Web site (Cardbox is the database that we sell) that contains a list of all Unicode characters: hexadecimal code, decimal code, character, and character name (eg. GREEK CAPITAL LETTER OMEGA WITH TONOS).

    The first three of these elements are in the public domain, but it strikes me that the character names might be considered to be a literary work and therefore copyright. Does anyone know whether I do in fact need to ask permission before listing those names, and if so, whom I need to ask?