Re: Sporadic Unicode revisited

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 13:44:37 EDT

    Martin K wrote:

    > people might be interested
    > in the hexadecimal Alt+ numeric-keypad solution that we're
    > implementing.

    Both (recent) Windows and Mac platforms already have means of entering any
    Unicode character, in hexadecimal. Both platforms also have other means,
    such as the "Character Map" utility of Windows... How does this new Cardbox
    facility help anyone?

    (BTW, I agree with Mark about those ISO 14755 abbreviations... They aren't
    very "mnemonic". Many people have the charts available, so there is no
    great advantage to using mnemonics over simply using numbers or palettes.)

            Rick