Sporadic Unicode revisited

From: Martin Kochanski (unicode@cardbox.net)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 09:01:26 EDT

    To come back to the old thread about typing arbitrary Unicode characters in situations where it's not worth installing a special keyboard, I thought that people might be interested in the hexadecimal Alt+ numeric-keypad solution that we're implementing. As implementations of ISO 14755 go, it seems reasonably simple; but comments would be welcome. You can find a description of the input method at http://www.cardbox.net/client/unicode.htm, near the bottom of the page. Remember that this is a fallback method and not intended for long runs of text!

    If there are any inaccuracies or obscurities in that page, it would also be good to hear about those.

    (Well, not good exactly, but useful).

    - Martin Kochanski.