Re: Origin of the term i18n

From: David Possin (dave_i18n@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 12 2002 - 11:47:04 EDT

    I am thankful that these short forms exist, as I must use them a lot in my
    work where space is priceless: charts, tables, project plans, etc.

    Not only does it save a lot of time (especially now where I can type only
    with 1.5 hands - broken thumb) but it looks more neat in overall
    documentation. I agree, in a text or book I would not necessarily use them
    if I wasn't sure who the readers are and what their level of knowledge in
    our area is.

    Definitely better than InTeRn@i*nAlIÊ’@i*n which OE automatically identifies
    as an email address ...

    Dave