RE: Hindi keyboard with the Microsoft Hindi font Mangal

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 13:31:21 EDT

    On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, John McConnell wrote:

    > Both the Persian (Farsi) keyboard and the Devanagari keyboard include
    > both ZWJ and ZWNJ. ZWJ is 1+Shift+Ctrl, while ZWNJ is 2+Shift+Ctrl.

    But these don't work in many applications, and most important of all,
    Microsoft Word.

    > The problem appears with the reference tool. I've notified the folks who
    > maintain that site. Thanks for pointing out the problem.

    Then also please notify the corresponding maintainer of keyboard layouts
    in Windows about the Microsoft Word incompatiblity, and ask him/her to put
    them on a natural place like Shift+Space for ZWNJ, which is both the
    practice and the standard. For the national Iranian keyboard layout, see:

            http://www.farsiweb.info/table/2901-unicode.txt

    Thanks a lot,

    roozbeh