Re: Character identities

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 17:30:36 EST

    > >Hm, what if I want to make, say, snow capped Devanagari glyphs for my
    > >hiking company in Nepal? Shouldn't I assign them to Unicode code points?
    >
    > That's what Private Use code positions are for.
    > --
    > Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com

    Um, Michael, I think Anto'nio was talking about glyphs in a
    decorative font, which should -- clearly -- just be mapped to
    ordinary Unicode characters, via an ordinary Unicode cmap.

    Or do you think that the yellow, cursive, shadow-dropped, 3-D
    letters "Getaway!" at:

    http://www.trekking-in-nepal.com/

    should also be represented by Private Use code positions? ;-)

    --Ken