UTF-8 to Japanese encoding scheme for IBM Mainframe OS 390

From: sourav mazumder (sourav_infy@yahoo.co.in)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 08:21:03 EST

    Hi All,

    Need an urgent help regarding UTF-8 data conversion in
    IBM Mainframe 390.

    I have a data file in Windows system which contains
    Japanese characters encoded using UTF-8. I need to
    send this file to IBM Mainframe 390, where an
    application will read this data.

    In this context I need to know the following
    information -

    1. What is the encoding scheme is generally used in
    IBM Mainframe 390 for Japanese language ? I'm aware of
    IBM EUC. But this is not working.

    2. Is there any API(s) available in Windows platform
    (2000) using which I can use to convert the UTF-8 data
    to the encoding scheme supported by IBM Mainframe 390
    for Japanese ?

    3. Does Java has any equivalent encoding scheme which
    can use to convert the UTF-8 data to the encoding
    scheme supported by IBM Mainframe 390 for Japanese ?

    Could anyone please help me out in this ?

    Thanks in advance,
    Sourav

           visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com