Re: Anyone who can write Hindi on the Unicode List?

From: rajesh@inflibnet.ac.in
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 23:55:22 EST

    Dear Folks,

    Let me tell you my experience of Hindi language with the MS Sql 2000, MS
    Access 2000, MS Word 2000 and Outlook express.

    My system is running on Windows 2000 Professional. I have installed the
    Indian languages patch provided with the Windows 2000 OS.

    When I use the Hindi Tradition with MS Sql and Outlook Express, I get exact
    what I want without any problem. But when I use the MS Word 2000 and MS
    Access 2000 for the same. I encounter problems with the letter conjunction.

    you may see here, when I am writing my name Rajesh with this outlook.. राजेश

    It does not waste any space. but when I use the language in MS Access and MS
    word 2000, I get like this.... रा जे श
    It gets one space after each hindi letter.

    What could be the problem with Access and Word?

    with regards,

    Rajesh Chandrakar
    INFLIBNET Centre,
    Ahmedabad