Re: Why isn't my character displaying

From: Theodore H. Smith (delete@softhome.net)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 11:37:33 EST

    >> Stigma is not a common character. Can you see it in any applications?
    >> Which fonts do you have that contain Greek characters?
    >
    > On a standard OS X install, I think this character is only present in
    > the
    > Japanese Hiragino Pro fonts. Also in Code2000, if you add this.

    I don't know what fonts contain the characters. OSX's ATSUI is MEANT to
    auto-choose a missing glyph from other fonts, as I said in my original
    post.

    I can see this character in 2 other Unicode apps. Just not in my ATSUI
    attempt. Obviously I am not setting something up yet. But what do I
    have to set up? Do I have to do the font location myself? Or am I just
    missing a small set up call somewhere?