Re: CJK fonts

From: Raymond Mercier (RaymondM@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 11:30:17 EST

    Tom,

    >I have downloaded what I can from these sites, but can't get a reply from
    >Borware.com. Have you found this site?
    >I can't remember what this was or had. Can you give me the reference?

    This is the paragraph where Borware was mentioned:

    You may find that other OS, browser, registry, and font settings are
    successful, but these are the only ones I was able to make work properly
    (testing in all versions of Netscape and Mozilla failed, for example).
    There are several specific bugs I know of, such as the fact that IE cannot
    properly display Extension A characters unless you choose an appropriate
    font explicitly (something you will see with the XML file below, even if
    you have all the rest of the recommend software installed). The EOT files I
    generated for Extension A and B also strained the limits of the
    <http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/weft3/default.htm>Web
    Embedding Fonts Tool (WEFT), and found some important bugs that were
    subsequently fixed by the great developers at
    <http://www.borware.com/>Borware (http://www.borware.com)
    <
    I have tried Google for Borware, and find various addresses, but nothing
    that links up to the topic o fonts, registry, etc.
    Regards,
    Raymond