Re: CJK fonts

From: Andrew C. West (andrewcwest@alumni.princeton.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 05:11:53 EST

    On Mon, 09 Dec 2002 01:49:54 -0800 (PST), Raymond Mercier wrote:

    > When I have finished debugging it I will pass on to you the look-up program
    > that I wrote for unihan.txt.

    Thanks, I would be interested in trying it out.

    I have just released the latest version of my BabelMap character map utility for
    Windows (http://uk.geocities.com/BabelStone1357/Software/BabelMap.html). It now
    includes the following enhancements that may be of interest to CJK users :

    - ability to browse by radical within CJK, CJK-A and CJK-B ranges
    - CJK Radical Lookup utility, allowing user to list and select ideographs by
    Radical and additional strokes (covers CJK, CJK-A, CJK-B and the few unified
    ideographs in CJK Compatability blocks)
    - CJK Pinyin Lookup utility (CJK block based on Unihan 3.0, CJK-A based on
    Unihan 3.2)
    - Yi Radical Lookup utility, allowing user to list and select Yi syllables by
    radical and additional strokes (an improved version of the Yi lookup utility
    already in BabelPad)

    The CJK Radical and Pinyin lookup utilities will also be incorporated into the
    next version of my BabelPad Unicode text editor (hopefully released by
    Christmas). I'm currently working on input methods for the Mongolian and Manchu
    scripts ... more about that later I suspect.

    Regards,

    Andrew