Re: Order in which unicode charactoers displayed

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Sat Dec 07 2002 - 17:29:13 EST

    This is an expected behavior. Ii has to do with the "Endian-ness" of the
    processor on which you are running. From the glossary
    (http://www.unicode.org/glossary/):

    Little-endian. A computer architecture that stores multiple-byte numerical
    values with the least significant byte (LSB) values first.

    Big-endian. A computer architecture that stores multiple-byte numerical
    values with the most significant byte (MSB) values first.

    You can also find several thousand web pages describing the issue by
    searching in google for these two terms.

    MichKa