Support for combining diacritics in Windows

From: David J. Perry (perryd@telocity.com)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 23:59:21 EST

    Can we get any idea of when an updated Uniscribe that supports combining
    marks will be distributed, and how? I just had an email from someone
    asking about using the PUA for some combinations of Greek vowels and
    accents that do not exist in precomposed form in Unicode. I replied
    with the standard line about combining marks being the best solution etc
    etc. Now that Mac OS X handles combining marks well, if we could get
    this feature working in Windows we could put the whole issue of
    additional precomposed combinations to rest once and for all. (Forgive
    my frustrated tone, but I do feel that this has gone on too long.)

    David