RE: converting devanagari to mangal unicode

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 05:26:25 EST

    John Hudson wrote:
    > At 03:09 PM 12/16/2002, Eric Muller wrote:
    >
    > >>In order to convert any Devanagari font to be rendered in
    > the same way,
    > >
    > >May be Sunil is just asking for a conversion of data,
    > presumably from
    > >ISCII to Unicode.
    >
    > Ah, yes, this is possible. I'm so used to people asking the
    > other question
    > that I assumed from the slightly mixed up references in the
    > question that this was what Sunil intended.

    OK, this is my interpretation of Sunil's question: He has text data encoded
    in a so-called "font encoding" (e.g. "Shusha"), and he needs to convert it
    to Unicode.

    The Linux Technology Development for Indian Languages
    (http://www.cse.iitk.ac.in/users/isciig/) has two ongoing projects for
    similar conversions:

            - iconverter
    (http://www.cse.iitk.ac.in/users/isciig/iconverter/main.html)