RE: Precomposed Tibetan

From: Andrew C. West (andrewcwest@alumni.princeton.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 08:16:02 EST

    On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 04:59:08 -0800 (PST), Marco Cimarosti wrote:

    > Do you have the relevant data? As I said, so far I found little or nothing
    > about "BrdaRten" or about the "Founders System" mentioned by Ken Whistler.

    Don't need anything more than the code charts given in n2558.pdf - it's simply a
    matter of typing the glyphs in as Unicode (luckily my BabelPad will let me do
    that), and then converting into tabular form. It's really no more difficult than
    decomposing U+00FC (LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH DIAERESIS) into U+0075 (LATIN
    SMALL LETTER U) and U+00A8 (DIAERESIS).

    On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 05:11:32 -0800 (PST), Jungshik Shin wrote:

    > I think what Marco suggested would be very good to have when
    > persuading Chinese and Tibetans however easy it's to produce
    > them. Wouldn't it be a bit tedious, though?

    I'll let you know how tedious it was on Monday.

    Andrew