Re: Coptic II?

From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 16:12:49 EST

    On 2002.12.24, 20:01, Asmus Freytag <asmusf@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

    > This situation is exacerbated by the fact that Latin and Cyrillic Q
    > and W do not look noticably different, if at all, which means that the
    > even the (inadvertant) future use of Latin Q and W cannot be ruled
    > out, perpetuating the incidences of dual encoding.

    Devil's advocate would point out that one can say the very same thing
    about A, B, C and many such pairs of cyrillic-latin equivalents (some of
    them false ones, granted).

    FWIW, I have experienced many cases (esp. in e-mail) of this, especially
    with swapped U+0441 and U+0063, which are placed on the same key in most
    cyrillic keyboards.

    -- ____.
    António MARTINS-Tuválkin | ()|
    <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
    R. Laureano de Oliveira, 64 r/c esq. |
    PT-1885-050 MOSCAVIDE (LRS) Não me invejo de quem tem |
    +351 917 511 549 carros, parelhas e montes |
    http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/ só me invejo de quem bebe |
    http://pagina.de/bandeiras/ a água em todas as fontes |