EUDCEDIT (was: Re: PRC asking for 956 precomposed Tibetan characters)

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 14:42:51 EST

    John McConnell <johnmcco at windows dot microsoft dot com> wrote:

    > A minor correction--EUDCEDIT does convert the bitmap to outline and
    > save them as a TrueType file.

    Thanks, I didn't know that. I stand corrected.

    Is this capability also available on Private Character Editor for U.S.
    versions of Windows 2000? My understanding is that it's the same
    program.

    For members of UTC and/or WG2: Are the TrueType fonts created with
    EUDCEDIT really of sufficient quality for publication in Unicode and/or
    10646?

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California