Re: Greek fractions

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 01:28:33 EST

    Raymond Mercier <RaymondM at compuserve dot com> wrote:

    > In Classical Greek scientific texts the fraction 'one half' is
    > represented very commonly by a symbol which looks a bit like 'less
    > than', or like 'angle' U+2220, but followed by a prime. Is there no
    > place for this in the Unicode scheme of things ?

    Can you provide a link to a graphic image of this symbol, or send me an
    image off-list so I can post it? (Don't send the image to the list
    unless it's small and Sarasvati approves.) Seeing the character would
    make it easier to discuss it.

    There's always the chance that it would be a great addition to Unicode,
    and is missing only because nobody has formally proposed it.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California