Re: Error saving Unicode (UTF-8) web page

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 19:21:12 EST

    John Reeves wrote:

    > Sometimes when I save a web page as a "Web archive, single page"
    > *.mht using 98SE and IE 5.5 SP2 , and the ENCODING will default to
    > (UTF-8) I will get an error message which states
    >
    > The XML page cannot be displayed
    > Cannot view XML input using style sheet
    >
    > why do I get this error when I view the page on my pc or how can I
    > fix the problem to view the page correctly?

    My guess is that the page includes a link to a separate XML document,
    without which the main page cannot be displayed, and that XML page is
    not being saved to disk when you save the main page as "Web Archive,
    single page." Try saving as "Web Page, complete" instead.

    I doubt this problem has anything to do with saving the page as UTF-8,
    or with Unicode in general.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California