Re: list etiquette (was Re: Tailoring of normalization

From: jameskass@att.net
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 15:43:25 EST

    .
    Peter Constable wrote,

    > I wish everyone made a habit of not cc'ing those already on the list -- I
    > likewise don't like receiving personally-addressed copies of messages sent
    > to the list.

    Here's how it works on AT&T Net Mail:

    I click on reply to your message, I get a compose message screen with
    the "To:" field filled in with your name and e-mail address,
    Peter_Constable@sil.org

    If I want my reply to go to the list, I have to then click a button
    labelled "Cc: to all".

    Now I've got a compose screen addressed to Peter with a "cc:" to
    unicode@unicode.org.

    The next step is to select the unicode@unicode.org address in the "Cc:"
    field, and cut/paste it into the "To:" field, overwriting your address.

    Please forgive me and others who are on similar set-ups if this is
    all just too much of a pain!

    Also, since there is often up to an hour's delay in messages sent
    to the list being disseminated, some of us *do* find it helpful to
    get immediate copies of letters in threads with which we are involved.

    Best regards,

    James Kass
    .