Re: Indic Devanagari Query

From: jameskass@att.net
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 15:52:25 EST

    .
    Peter Constable wrote,

    > There are indeed some examples in Latin script. For instance, there are
    > three different typeforms form 014A used by different language communities.

    It's also been reported that there's a strong local preference
    for a variant of U+0257 in certain African language communities.

    (It would be nice to have confirmation about U+0257...)

    If these alternate forms were needed to be displayed in a single
    multi-lingual plain-text file, wouldn't we need some method of
    tagging the runs of Latin text for their specific languages?

    Best regards,

    James Kass
    .