Re: [OpenType] PS glyph `phi' vs `phi1'

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 19:52:01 EST

    Werner LEMBERG wrote:
    > What about this:
    >
    > The UTC should undo the glyph swapping and introduce a new character
    > called U+03F7 GREEK ALTERNATIVE PHI SYMBOL. Then we would have

    *If* the UTC agreed that this is a real problem, then I think that a variation selector sequence
    would be much better than a new character. In my opinion, and in my understanding of how VS
    combinations are to be assigned.

    markus

    --
    Opinions expressed here may not reflect my company's positions unless otherwise noted.