RE: sorting order between win98/xp

From: Dominikus Scherkl (Dominikus.Scherkl@glueckkanja.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 07:57:48 EST

    > One of my colleague ask me this question. We use LCMapStringW
    > on WinXP
    > and LCMapStringA on Win98 (by using LCMAP_SORTKEY ). And we got
    > different sorting order for the following
    >
    > Example of message list ordering in Win98:
    > TESTING #1
    > TESTING #10
    > TESTING #100
    > TESTING #11
    >
    > While, the message list ordering in WinXP:
    > TESTING #1
    > TESTING #10
    > TESTING #11
    > TESTING #100

    Yeah! One of the best features of XP - finaly I don't need to
    insert leading zeroes to filenames to get them in the proper order
    (even 9a is sorted before 10).

    > Anyone know is there a way to make them sort in the same
    > order?
    Why should anybody want that?

    > Anyone know why the sort order is different under that two systems?
    As I mentioned: a new feature, keeping numbers ordered numerical.

    --
    Dominikus Scherkl
    dominikus.scherkl@glueckkanja.com