Re: sorting order between win98/xp

From: Yung-Fong Tang (ftang@netscape.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 19:20:40 EST

    >>Anyone know is there a way to make them sort in the same
    >>order?
    >>

    >Why should anybody want that?

    Because user expect a cross platforms (or I should said cross windows
    version) product display the same sorting order in Win98 and on WinXP.
    For example, the Netscape7 mailer could run on both Win98 and WinXP and
    use it to access IMAP mailbox. When the user sort the mail by the
    subject, they expect to see the same sequence on the same mailbox
    content from that two system through the same mail client. I am not
    saying that is an IMPORTANT issue, but it is A REASONABLE issue.

    Why should any OS user want to see different sorting order for the same
    locale? I look at the Win32 API but I cannot find any flag to define it.