Re: Need encoding conversion routines

From: Pim Blokland (pblokland@planet.nl)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 04:28:12 EST

    askq1 askq1 schreef:

    > another. (UTF8 to UTF16 etc.) But how can I convert from a
    > unicode code-point to some encoding and decode from some
    > encoding to unicode code-point? In brief, I want encoding
    > and decoding functions for Unicode.

    What is "some encoding"? You mean codepage-based 8-bit character
    sets?
    I once wrote a conversion routine, under Windows, that can convert
    from UCS-2 to any codepage Windows supports and back, by using the
    info in the appropriate *.nls files.
    If this is what you want, and you can't find it elsewhere, I can
    upload those routines somewhere if you like.

    Pim Blokland