Re: New contribution

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 15:38:16 EST

    > > N258A Proposal to encode two COMBINING HEART characters in the UCS
    > > by Michael Everson, Roozbeh Pournader, and John Cowan
    > > http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/n258a-heartdot.pdf
    >
    > Given the date this was submitted and the contents of the
    > proposal, may I guess that this is but a first of April joke?

    Not necessarily, but given the three jokers who submitted it,
    it might be a fair assumption. *backspaces to heart-dot all the i's*

    --Ken

    P.S. For next February 14, I am looking forward to the proposal
    for the COMBINING PENETRATING NORTH EAST ARROW OVERLAY (aka
    Cupid's arrow), so that with that and U+2665 we can write
    proper valentines. Perhaps we also need another extension
    for the COMBINING GRAPHEME JOINER usage, so that the young
    women addressed by Michael, Roozbeh, and John's COMBINING HEART
    combining mark can also use the Cupid's arrow with their
    combining heart dots over their i's.