Re: Exciting new software release!

From: John Cowan (
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 12:28:06 EST

    Doug Ewell scripsit:

    > ISO 3166-2 country
    > subdivision codes were included too, so codes like en-us-ny (for New
    > York English) could be constructed.

    In fact "en-us-ny" is syntactically well-formed, but cannot be used unless
    registered with IANA, as it does not belong to the set of preregistered

    > So, in an attempt to
    > restore some of my lost Unicode "street cred" I removed LTag from my
    > site. I still keep the program around, but only as a reference to ISO
    > 639 and 3166 codes.

    I would like to see the return of the program, even if thickly coated with
    deprecation warnings. Failing that, could you mail it to me?

    Warning: This whole posting is otiose, if not downright odious.

    Her he asked if O'Hare Doctor tidings sent from far     John Cowan
    coast and she with grameful sigh him answered that
    O'Hare Doctor in heaven was. Sad was the man that word
    to hear that him so heavied in bowels ruthful. All
    she there told him, ruing death for friend so young,
    algate sore unwilling God's rightwiseness to withsay.   _Ulysses_, "Oxen"