Re: ogonek vs. retroflex hook

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 14:51:57 EST

    > > And I mean L2/WG2 documents in PDF format, not a web-page with gifs
    > > that take forever to load. I was unable to review your
    >> tresillo/cuatrillo document for this reason.
    >
    >Don't you have a web browser?

    Yes, I do. However, I also have punitively expensive internet access,
    and I prefer to download PDF files rather than to receive gifs in
    e-mail

    -- YES! They clutter my Attachments folder and get lost among the
    zillions of files on my computer --

    or to visit someone's web site to read an illustration-heavy document
    like Peter's.

    >HTML pages with gifs shouldn't take any longer to download than
    >PDF files.

    Easily said, James. It took long enough for me to stop the download.

    We have over the years come to rely on PDF for discussion documents
    and I would like to encourage Peter to make use of them. All he needs
    to do is have a page like http://www.evertype.com/formal.html on his
    website and he can have links to many such documents. This would, in
    my view, help him get the answers he is looking for.