Re: Ancient Greek

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 15:48:58 EST

    At 05:42 AM 4/3/2003, Edward C. D. Hopkins wrote:

    >I am a new list member interested in implementing archaic, classical and
    >Hellenistic Greek glyphs in a Unicode font. My initial questions will be
    >focused on handling multiple alternate glyphs for each character, and how
    >to organize a font with several thousand Hellenistic monograms.
    >
    >Is this the appropriate discussion list? If not, I'd appreciate a pointer.

    It is not an inappropriate list; however, you may get better mileage from
    the OpenType developer communities, in particular the OT list and the VOLT
    user community. For information on these, see:

             http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/otlist.htm
    & http://www.microsoft.com/typography/developers/volt/default.htm

    For the OpenType specification and related developer documents, see:

             http://www.microsoft.com/typography/specs/default.htm

    If you are unfamiliar with OpenType, this is a good place to start:

             http://www.microsoft.com/typography/developers/opentype/default.htm

    John Hudson

    Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

    It is necessary that by all means and cunning,
    the cursed owners of books should be persuaded
    to make them available to us, either by argument
    or by force. - Michael Apostolis, 1467