RE: Variant Glyph Display

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 11:38:57 EDT

    Chris Pratley wrote on 04/10/2003 02:12:33 PM:

    > We've also been asked by some users to assign part of the PUA as
    > "assumed Complex"

    I don't see how this would be useful: as I understand it, Uniscribe won't
    know anything about these characters, so it won't do any reordering or
    apply any OT tags, hence there won't be any complex behaviour.

    > or "assumed bi-di"

    I take this must mean "assumed bidi class R" or "AL". I can see some
    usefulness to this (though, again, Uniscribe won't be able to apply the
    tags needed for Arabic cursively-connecting forms). But if you do this,
    please provide a UI that allows users to toggle the particular range
    between "assumed bidi class R" (or whatever it is) and the default
    assumptions for PUA codepoints.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485