RE: Variant Glyph Display

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 12:38:31 EDT

    Chris Pratley on 04/16/2003 12:11:06 AM:

    > I think in Word2002 we made a
    > change that allowed the semantics to be switched by formatting the PUA
    > text with non-Asian fonts.

    I knew that I had a problem with some fonts (e.g. Ethiopic, Yi) that didn't
    use the PUA getting treated like they were Asian (e.g. advance widths wrong
    and monowidth), and that this was fixed in Word2002. I hadn't had a chance
    to look at the EUDC effects on PUA (having just learned about it), but if
    you have based the effects on the font (given it's reasonably obvious
    whether a font supports CJK or not), then that probably accomplishes what
    I'd need.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485