Sites on writing systems and scripts

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 00:27:24 EDT

    I've started compiling a list of links to pages with information about
    writing systems, scripts and orthographies at
    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=SitesOnScriptsAndWSs
     I mentioned this on the qalam list a few days ago, and it occurred to me
    that it might also be of interest to others on this list.

    Also, I've found it useful over the years to take the UnicodeData file and
    import it into an Excel workbook -- it's a lot more *human* readable than
    the machine-readable file in the UCD, and Excel allows you to do queries
    that can't be done very easily in a text editor. I've done this for version
    4, and also added some other files from the UCD I find useful. I've put
    this workbook (and those for some earlier versions) online at
    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=ExcelUnicodeData

    Also, for those of you looking for tools for font inspection, font
    management and font development, we've compiled some links at
    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=fonttoollinks

    One last thing: if you've got users who need guidance on setting up input
    locales in Windows, we've got a tutorial on that at
    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=KeyboardInstallationAndUse

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485