bug in Excel version of UCD

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 09:18:32 EDT

    If any of you downloaded the version of the UCD-4.0 files that I've put
    into Excel from

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=ExcelUnicodeData

    it was just pointed out to me that there was a formatting error in the
    Character Decomposition column of the UnicodeData sheet -- I had forgotten
    to format as text, which means that e.g. "76E7" may appear as "760000000".
    If you're clever with Excel functions, you might be able to recover the
    original hex strings on your own, but in case not, I have replaced the file
    with a corrected copy.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485