Re: [Unicode] Suggestion to list owner

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 13:04:07 EDT

    At 08:29 -0400 2003-05-09, Edward C. D. Hopkins wrote:
    >As I wade through my messages each day, it is easy to distinguish spam from
    >the messages sent by the 15 or so mail lists to which I subscribe. This is
    >because mail list names within square brackets precede the subject, as in
    >this message.
    >
    >May we have this feature for the Unicode list?

    This would be a very bad idea indeed. It is far more important to be
    able to read the subject lines in the subject column of the e-mail
    software than to add long prefixes to subject lines as an anti-spam
    mechanism. One could use mail filtering by sender to direct your mail
    to a Unicode box if one wished to do such weeding..