Re: Quest text font now available.

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 12:26:28 EDT

    John Hudson wrote on 05/07/2003 04:57:21 PM:

    > Softy was probably a reasonable option for people looking for a budget
    font
    > tool; I don't think it is a reasonable option today. Fontographer used to

    > be considered the 'industry standard' for independent font developers;
    > today, it is widely regarded as obsolete and not much more likely to be
    > upgraded than Softy.

    I listed Fontographer on my Font Tools page (
    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=fonttoollinks
     since it has been such a popular product, but I haven't planned to mention
    Softy. Given $25 for old and unsupported Softy vs. $99 for new and
    supported TypeTool...

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485