RE: how to sort by stroke (not radical/stroke)

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 15:17:00 EDT

    Andrew C. West wrote:
    > I'm afraid that I've never heard of the "CJK components"
    > block - is it a proposed block, or are you referring to
    > the "Kangxi Radicals" and "CJK Radicals Supplement"
    > blocks ?

    Oops! I meant "CJK Radicals Supplement". I should never trust my memory.

    > Remember that radicals are only a subset of ideographic
    > components (and the Kangxi Radicals are only a subset of
    > radicals used in earlier dictionaries such as Shuowen and
    > Yu Pian).

    Sure. Anyway, the CJK Radicals Supplement gives a few components which are
    not to be found elsewhere, so maybe the person you were referring to never
    saw them, if he was working with an earlier version of Unicode.

    > [...] I suspect that if you had a few months to spare [...]

    Sometime I wish I had just a few more spare *minutes* in a day... :-)

    _ Marco