Re: Decimal separator with more than one character?

From: Allen Haaheim (haaheima@interchange.ubc.ca)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 19:00:30 EDT

    Oops, I meant "Guangdong" is the province, "Guangzhou" is the city, as you
    say. I should proofread my own emails. Perhaps not entirely unrelated to my
    slip here is the general confusion
    Thomas refers to, perhaps stemming from the Wu court in 226 renaming the
    administrative area "Guangzhou" after its capital city. Maybe someone can
    fill in the details on how and when the province began to be called
    Guangdong. "Canton" can refer to either the province or city, not helping
    matters.

    I also should have looked a minute longer at "Zhina," yes this term can be
    seen in Japanese books. I did not know it was considered derogatory, but
    that would explain why it is rarely used now.

    Allen Haaheim