RE: Decimal separator with more than one character?

From: Libin Xie (libinx@reynolds.com.au)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 19:24:11 EDT

    Hi All:
    Guangzhou is Mandarin pronunciation in Pinyin, which is a city and it's
    a capital of Guangdong. Why Guangdong pronounced as "CANTON"? as in
    China there are plenty of Pronunciation system in China, of course only
    Local people can understand, It's true for the same Chinese character
    could have at least 8 pronunciation in Guangdong and other province.
    even you just go from Guangdong to Guangxi province, you wont' know what
    will speak for the same Chinese. you wont' understand, and All of them
    is Cantonese. as many people go to overseas from Guangdong in 20 and 19
    Century, there habit (mostly in food) and Pronunciation system go to
    overseas and many people know it. and when Chinese people go to
    overseas, many of them complain there is Cantonese food only....There
    are 4 Good Chinese food system (Chuan Yue Yu Lu) however, only
    Yue(Guangdong) in overseas;

    :)
    Libin