RE: Decimal separator with more than one character?

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 10:15:59 EDT

    On Wed, 21 May 2003 Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:

    > Ah! So, it looks like Farsi -- er, Persian -- speakers call it "farsi"
    > (that's a transcription, not an English spelling), but that English
    > speakers are expected to say and write "Persian". :-)

    That's right. The same you do with "German" vs "Deutch", "French" vs
    "Francais", "Irish" vs "Gaelige", "Dutch" vs ...

    Of course you may have another authoritative source that recommends
    something else, and you are free to use it.

    BTW, I'll transcribe it as 'faarsi' in ASCII. The IPA is "fa:rsi:".

    roozbeh