Re: Is it true that Unicode is insufficient for Oriental languages?

From: Theodore H. Smith (delete@elfdata.com)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 13:29:43 EDT

    >> One thing though, the author mentioned that there are 5 latin sets in
    >> Unicode? I have noticed some replication, there is one block that
    >> looks
    >> like latin, just with a different font! It looked like "Old English"
    >> writing, but it could have been called Ogham perhaps, or maybe my
    >> memory fails me.
    >
    > You're probably thinking of the Gothic block (U+10330..1034F).

    Whats so special about goths that they need their own block? What about
    neu-metallers and hippies?

    But seriously, what is so special about the Gothic style that it needs
    its own block? That hampers text searching and complexifies things in
    other ways.

    --
         Theodore H. Smith - Macintosh Consultant / Contractor.
         My website: <www.elfdata.com/>