IPA Null Consonant

From: Andrew C. West (andrewcwest@alumni.princeton.edu)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 07:18:00 EDT

    Can someone advise me how to represent a null consonant in phonetic notation
    using Unicode ?

    I have seen a null consonant initial or final variously represented as a circle,
    a slashed circle, a zero or a slashed zero in printed sources, but am not sure
    what the correct form of the glyph is, or how it should be encoded in Unicode.

    Neither my copy of the "Principles of the International Phonetic Association" or
    the IPA web site (http://www.arts.gla.ac.uk/IPA/ipa.html) seem to be of any help.

    Andrew