RE: IPA Null Consonant

From: jarkko.hietaniemi@nokia.com
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 08:32:08 EDT

    > Kent, the symbol used in linguistics is not the Danish capital vowel;
    > it is the empty set symbol.

    One more linguistic usage sample (don't have any linguistic books at my desk,
    so I'll have to resort to googling)-- the Finnish "consonant gradation":

    http://www.uta.fi/~km56049/finnish/diabk.html

    And I can assure you that the Finnish consonant gradation does not change
    'k' to the Danish vowel :-) It simply means "disappears" (or in reverse,
    "appears from nothing").