[Maybe OT] localized names of the Unicode Control characters

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta (unmadindu@softhome.net)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 09:06:06 EDT

    Hello all,
    This may be OT here, but still.....
    We are working on GNOME (www.gnome.org) localization into Bengali, and I was wondering, if there are localized names of the Unicode Control characters (like ZWNJ and ZWJ) for non English speaking people. If so, are samples available anywhere??
    Bengali equivalent of ZWNJ, ZWJ, etc sound terrible :-( (of course, the English versions can also sound terrible to "non techie" people).
    -TIA-
    sdg

    --
    Sayamindu Dasgupta [http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/]