Re: Language Tag Registrations

From: Martin Duerst (duerst@w3.org)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 17:49:28 EDT

    Hello Marion,

    IANA won't ask your question. They are just the record keeper,
    they don't make any decisions.

    If you have a need for identifying a particular kind of language,
    then what you do is that you submit a registration proposal.
    Others will then comment on that proposal. If you don't have
    an actual need for tagging, then you your question is irrelevant
    for this list. If you don't make a registration proposal, then
    you question is again irrelevant for this list.

    Regards, Martin.